Cloudflare: Free CDN for your website
Speed up and protect your websites with Cloudflare
ISPmanager can manage free features of Cloudflare content delivery network. This service boosts and protects websites. The free features will be valued by the owners of personal websites, small blogs, or those who want to test this service before purchasing.
Websites connected to Cloudflare normally work faster since it saves the static content on its side and gives it to users from the nearest servers. Inbound traffic also goes through Cloudflare, which allows it to stop suspicious website requests during DDoS attacks.
How CDN works
In order to add your website to a content delivery network, you need to replace your current name servers (NS) with the CDN name servers. Some website owners use CDN only because of their free NS. They hide the website location.
Cloudflare CDN provides the functionality that standard CDN normally have but also has a few additional features. Cloudflare uses 118 data centers around the globe, including locations in Moscow and Kiev. ISPmanager is integrated with the free version of the service. You don’t need to pay for traffic, installation and usage of Cloudflare. Besides the faster website loading, this CDN also offers a few other features.
- If your website is unavailable, the service will show the cached version. It means that your service will always be online.
- If your website is under the DDoS attack, it will help in reflecting potentially malicious HTTP traffic.
- If you have no SSL certificate, it will provide fast and secure connection (Flexible SSL).)
The free Cloudflare version protects your website against content theft, spam, and DDoS attacks. Furthermore, you can restrict website enter from specific countries or IP addresses.
All free features for ISPmanager are described in our documentation.
Additional services for image or mobile optimization etc. can be added as paid services. However, they cannot be managed from ISPmanager. All features are described in Cloudflare documentation.
How to install Cloudflare
Only administrator (root) can install the module. When the module is activated, a user of the control panel can add his/her websites to Cloudflare. Register in Cloudflare partner program to provide your users with access to this service. You will receive a Host Api Key after registration.
- Open ISPmanager.
- Go to “Integration” — “Modules”.
- Choose Cloudflare and click “Install”. Your control panel will be reloaded, and the module will be ready for setting up.
- Enter your key. Cloudflare is now available for your users.
- Go to “Tools” — Cloudflare. to register a user. Here you can create a new user or add an existing user of Cloudflare. After registration users will be able to add their domains to Cloudflare.
How to add domains to Cloudflare
All key operations with this module are performed under user. When the administrator activates the domain, it will become available for users. In order to start working with the module, you need to connect your account in Cloudflare. If you don’t have an account, you can register it directly from ISPmanager.
- Go to “Tools” — Cloudflare. Create a new account or add the existing one (you need email and password).
- After authorization select the domain and connection type (full or partial).
With full connection you will get new name for your server names. NS records of your zone will have to be replaced with those provided by your domain registrar.
With partial connection only canonical names (CNAME) are connected. You will need to fill out additional fields for CNAME and aliases. This process is described ISPsystem documentation.
After the domain had been added to Cloudflare, you can delete it, edit rules for specific pages, manage DNS records and access to different websites. You can find the list of all features in section Plug-in management of documentation.
Available for SPmanager Lite starting version 5.132.0.