Dmitri Sidorov, Technical Director at Hypermetrica a Russian IT outsourcing company, is telling how the products of the ISP ecosystem help the company to automate its hosting services and equipment management.
We started offering hosting services 4 years ago. At that time, we had to invest heavily into the development of our own billing system. It took a lot of time. In addition, we paid strong attention to testing, because even a minimal error could lead to disastrous consequences — accidental deletion of client data.
We became worn out trying to develop an in-house solution and decided to use a ready-made billing system. Numerous standalone products are available on the market. We chose BILLmanager: it can be easily integrated with a set of hosting products without extensive modifications.
BILLmanager has fully automated our sales. Even such small things as user email verification are an advantage, because our managers do not need to call customers in person.
We use BILLmanager in combination with other ISPsystem software. This includes VMmanager for virtualization and DCImanager for managing physical equipment.
Automating virtual machine provisioning with VMmanager
- Provisioning virtual servers,
- Providing clients with access to the control panel,
- Backups About backup service in VMmanager,
- Network management. Ready-made network settings on a cluster in VMmanager
DCImanager manages our servers:
- Helps manage network equipment,
- Tracks power consumption and network load,
- Runs server diagnostics, Automatic server diagnostics in DCImanager
- Installs the OS,
- Collects network traffic statistics,
- Disables server ports for clients with payments overdue
At present, we are planning to start providing colocation services. We are looking for a room and an investor, as well as solving organizational issues. DCImanager provides useful features for colocation: PDU meters, client server traffic metering. Everything can be integrated with BILLmanager and a pay-per-use billing scheme can be configured. When our colocation service becomes available, DCImanager will make our work much easier.
Try the ISPsystem solution for your business:
- Automate routine processes,
- Reduce the technical support work load,
- Reduce the cost of ownership of IT assets.
Order a free consultation now and we will help you find a solution to match your needs.