License 6 activation
To start using your control panel after installation, you need to activate the license during the installation process using the license token
If you want to update license after the trial, go to Settings → System overview → Update license.
License 5 activation
To start using your control panel after installation, you need to activate the license. The license will be activated automatically provided that the following requirements are met:
- The server has the public IP address,
- This IP matches the address that you have provided during the purchase.
If there is no public IP address on the server or you didn’t specify it when ordering the license, or it doesn’t match the actual IP, the license won’t be activated automatically.
License 5 activation with a key
An activation key is generated automatically when you order a license. You can find it in the Welcome email or in your Client area (Licenses v5 → Choose the license → three dots → About the license).
To activate the license with the key, complete the steps below:
- Open the control panel.
- In the activation form choose Activate the existing license.
- Enter the key into the Activation key field.
You can use the key only once. To re-activate the license, will need a new key. You can generate a new key yourself once a month in the Client area or request a new key from your provider.
Alternative activation methods
Use a license key
Execute the /usr/local/mgr5/sbin/licctl fetch ispmgr <activation key> command, where ispmgr is a short name of a control panel.
- ISPmanager – ispmgr.
- BILLmanager – billmgr.
- IPmanager – ipmgr.
- DNSmanager – dnsmgr.
- VMmanager KVM или Cloud – vmmgr.
- VMmanager OVZ – vemgr.
- DCImanager – dcimgr.
Execute the less -R /usr/local/mgr5/var/licctl.log command to find a reason of the failure in the log file.
Contact our Support center
If you cannot activate the license yourself, contact ISPsystem specialists.
- Grant access to ISPsystem staff members to the server with the control panel:
- Select theу Grant ISPsystem support access check box in "System settings".
- Or execute the command /usr/local/mgr5/sbin/licctl enable ispmgr support access, where ispmgr is a short name of a control panel. Available for v5 only.
- Log into the Client area and submit a ticket to the Customer care department (click Send ticket on the Dashboard).
ISPsystem specialists will access your server and activate the license. This is a safe operation. For more information please read the article How to allow access to your server..