Server diagnostics and disaster recovery
During troubleshooting, DCImanager checks the health of the server and the characteristics of the components. Diagnostics is performed in the following cases:
- Automatically - after the user has released the server, or when the owner is changed manually.
- If necessary, the diagnostics can be run manually at any time.
How the automatic server diagnostics is useful
- It helps to check if the server and its components are okay before you start operating it.
- Allows you to automatically detect components and put them into inventory in DCImanager. You do not have to manually enter data about RAM, CPU, and other parts into the inventory system.
- Checks if the server has had component replacements that are not reflected in DCImanager. This check runs automatically when the client releases the server. It helps to detect unauthorized changes in the equipment set.
- Number of CPUs, RAM, hard drives.
- RAM damage.
- Disk read speed and capacity.
- SMART information about the state of the disks.
- Local connection speed.
- Network adapters.
- RAID controller.
During diagnostics, DCImanager can clean up disks and configure IPMI. If errors, performance problems, or changes in component settings are detected, DCImanager will notify the administrator.
Disaster recovery of the server
If the server does not start after a reboot or if there is no physical access to it (e.g. via IPMI), you can run recovery mode.
To recover a physical server in DCImanager, you must first install a recovery template on the location where the server is located. After that it will be available and you can start the recovery. The SystemRescueCD operating system is used for this purpose. This operating system is designed to maintain, diagnose and troubleshoot problems on the server.
Try DCImanagerGet demo
Select the required pricing plan
- Automatic provisioning of ready-to-go servers
- Diagnostics of equipment when changing clients
- Colocation service automation
- Client self-service portal
- Integration with billing platforms
- Additional monetization of the service through built-in modules
- More then 300
Submit a callback request and we will be sure to answer your questions about products and usage scenarios, give a demonstration, or share helpful materials.Request a consultation
About pricing plan
Geographically distributed locations
Server operations: OS installation, diagnostics, and recovery
Installing an OS from an ISO image
Guest OS repositories
Software fine-tuning (Shell/PowerShell)
Automation of VLAN sales
Search of PXE servers
Search of BMC servers
User self-service portal
Chassis and blade servers
Equipment inventory management (warehouse)
Linking delivery notes
Managing deliveries and suppliers
IPv4 and IPv6 IP address management (IPAM)
Integration with PowerDNS
Infrastructure status notifications
Ability to export data to CSV
User and ACL management
User management through MS AD/Free IPA/LDAP integration
REST API available
Listed in the registry of domestic software