Debian 8 is no longer supported for ISPmanager and BILLmanager. Our recommendations
As of version 5.264, ISPmanager and BILLmanager will no longer support the Debian 8 "Jessie" operating system. The system no longer gets security updates from Debian LTS since end-June 2020.
Debian 8 life cycle has lasted for 5 years:
- Debian 8.0 was initially released on April 26, 2015;
- Debian 8.11 was released on June 23, 2018. Since this version, the OS was supported by the Debian LTS security team, instead of the main Debian team;
- Long Term Support reached its end-of-life on June 30, 2020.
Please check which version of the OS you are using. Connect to the server via SSH and enter the command:
cat /etc/*-release. If it is Debian 8, we offer several solutions.
* If you do not have access to the server, please contact your hosting provider to check the OS version and take further actions.
Continue using ISPmanager/BILLmanager on a server running on Debian 8
The panels will continue to work as before, but you will not receive security updates or hotfixes. Any threats will have to be managed without technical support, only using the Debian 8 user community help. In this situation, your online project may be at risk. We strongly recommend using the current version of the OS.
Move to a supported OS
1. Install the trial version of the panel on a "clean" server with a supported OS. For ISPmanager Lite it is CentOS 7/8, Debian 9/10 or Ubuntu 16/18. For ISPmanager Business and BILLmanager it is CentOS 7.
2. Transfer the data from the old server to the new server. For more details, see the "Importing a user" documentation article:
Change the IP address of the license in the ISPsystem Client area. Specify the IP address of the new server in the section "ISPsystem licenses". Instructions are provided in the documentation:
Important notice: do not update the OS on a server in active use — this may cause loss of data.
Questions about how to move to a new OS? Contact us or use the documentation.