A new type of virtualization — LXD by Canonical — has been added to VMmanager. These are lightweight and secure containers with Linux. They work as if they were installed on a physical server or a virtual machine.
LXD virtualization allows the following:
- Limit container resources "live",
- Isolate containers and projects from each other,
- Ensure security of cluster nodes,
- Use node resources flexibly and efficiently,
- Provision virtual resources in a few seconds.
Try LXD virtualization as a fast and reliable alternative to HyperV, VMware or KVM, OVZ. Simply add an empty node with Ubuntu 20.04 and create containers.
Your opinions are welcome in the comments section below.