A decision has been made to postpone the End of Life until February 1, 2023. This will allow users to smoothly switch to the sixth version of the products featuring improved architecture and functionality.
How DCImanager 5 and VMmanager 5 are currently supported
As of 2020, only regulatory updates and security patches are released for the fifth generation of DCImanager and VMmanager.
About the transition to the sixth version of the products
The new functionality is released in the sixth version of the products. You can switch to them already now. Our experts will help with this: provide detailed documentation, give advice, perform a test migration and show you how it happens.
In March 2022, we will release new tools for easy and quick migration from the fifth to the sixth versions of the products.
What migration tools are coming up for DCImanager
Currently, the migration from DCImanager 5 to version 6 is performed by ISPsystem technical support. The migration is semi-automatic using scripts. Before the migration, our specialists conduct an audit of the infrastructure and, if necessary, adapt the scripts. During the migration, the equipment will continue to work.
From March 2022, clients will be able to use the scripts themselves. The migration tool will automatically convert data from DCImanager 5 into a format that allows transferring it to DCImanager 6. The script will account for the majority of clients’ cases. If something in the infrastructure does not conform to the intended scenarios, a message will appear informing what data needs to be corrected. ISPsystem specialists are always ready to help you with migration.
What migration tools are coming up for VMmanager
Currently, the migration from VMmanager 5 to version 6 of the platform consists of four steps that are done manually:
- Transferring IP addresses from IPmanager 5 to VMmanager 6;
- Switching products from IPmanager 5 to VMmanager 6;
- Transferring virtual machines from VMmanager 5 to VMmanager 6;
- Switching the service processing module in the billing system for clients, whose VMs were migrated in the previous step.
ISPsystem specialists help to implement the migration.
Automated tools will be released before March 2022 to facilitate the above steps:
- IP addresses migration tool;
- Virtual machine disks migration tool;
- Node migration tool from VMmanager 5 to VMmanager 6 (for CentOS 7).
New end of support dates for the fifth version of DCImanager and VMmanager
End of support for DCImanager 5 and VMmanager 5 will occur in three stages:
stage 0: from March 2022
- convenient migration tools will become available. Clients can switch from generation 5 to 6 in manual mode independently or with the help of ISPsystem technical support already now.
stage 1: from July 1, 2022
- current DCImanager 5 and VMmanager 5 licenses will remain available for renewal, but all product discounts will be discontinued;
- technical support will only be provided as part of the migration from the fifth to the sixth version of the product.
stage 2: from March 1, 2023
- renewal of current licenses will no longer be available: no new equipment can be added under DCImanager 5 and VMmanager 5;
- DCImanager 5 and VMmanager 5 licenses will cost the same as the sixth version.
If you have any questions about the EOL of the fifth version of products and migration, feel free to ask the support team via the client area.